Dec 17, 2010

Are you there God? It's me. Lia. [Bargaining]

................................................... Sigh.

Bargaining. The third, and most pathetic, stage of grief.

If you've ever had the misfortune of having to be associated with me at the tourist stands in the Carribbean, you will know that I am a terrible haggler. So let's just cut to the chase, shall we? I will give probably just about anything to have a good hockey team.  

I'm very serious. Take my watch. Take my first born. I don't care what it is that I have to give up, I just need the misery to end. And if it could please end in time for the Canucks game this Saturday, that would be awesome, seeing as how I was shadily roped into a bet that involves me wearing an embarrassingly labelled graphic tee in one of the nicest restaurants in Toronto if the Leafs lose.

I don't need them to win the Cup [any time soon]. I don't even need them to make the playoffs this year. I just need hope. All I'm asking for is a light at the end of this miserably long and dark tunnel - A young and exciting forward who just needs a few more years to get his sea legs under him, or a goalie that can stop pucks, or a captain that doesn't need to be booed during practice so that he can get used to the sound (true story. I don't want to talk about it), or a star player that plays like a star player, or a coach that is a nice human being. I need something, ANYthing, that lets me believe that I am not wasting my energy on this black hole of a hockey club.

Please. PLEASE.

10 comments:

  1. hahaha i love it. They play the nucks' tough - so we'll see I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. show god your tits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen 'em. I'm omniscient, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A young and exciting forward who just needs a few more years to get his sea legs under him (Tyler Seguin), or a goalie that can stop pucks (Tuuka Rask)", sorry, i didn't like you this desperate in the bargaining stage, thought this may be able to send you back a few...

    xoxoxox,

    Margolus

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting for your long xmas wish list post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously!? I'm giving you a week from today to post... otherwise my homepage is being changed! consider yourself warned.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happened to the blog? 2011's almost over and nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere,
    when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create
    comment due to this brilliant post.

    Here is my weblog; Commercial Led Lighting

    ReplyDelete